Hey DJ friends and anyone else reading this post. I’m ecstatic to announce a new feature that we’ve been working on for the past few months. It’s for my website application called This Deejay (a DJ website builder).
DJ’s can now have users create playlists live on our websites! It’s a really cool custom built system that works with the Spotify API allowing us to use their database. We now have a deep song directory that users can use to sample songs and create playlists. Here’s a list of the features we installed:
- Spotify Library – Having trouble remembering a song? We’re pulling from the Spotify API so you can now search their entire library and preview songs as you please.
- Trends – Our algorithm tracks playlist submissions and builds recommended playlists based on trends.
- Custom songs – Can’t find your song in our database? You can manually add it to the playlist.
- Notes – Add notes to songs for special requests.
- CSV upload – Don’t want to bother building a playlist? Just create one on a spreadsheet and upload it.
- Autosave – Don’t have time to finish a playlist? The system autosaves your creation so you can come back to it later. Hitting reset refreshes the list.
- Email forwarding & playlist submission – Need to get everyone on the same page? You can forward the playlist to colleagues and coordinators. Submitting the playlist emails it to the DJ.
Take it for a test drive yourself. New and existing users will find a new button called ‘Make A Request’ on the navigation of their site. Here’s a demo: http://tinted.thisdeejay.com/
Just as that old saying goes, “No website is ever really finished”, we’ll continue to make improvements with the goal to make this system kick ass awesome! If you have any cool recommendations, please send them my way! I’m all about making improvements. Until next time, toodles!