Hi pals and friends of pals! One of my client’s is in need of a social media aficionado. If you have the skills or know someone that would be interested, please reach out! It’s time to test and see how good you really are at Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! The description of the internship is below. Feel free to hit me if you have any questions!
Online Marketing Content Internship
Do you have an interest in online marketing or what goes on behind the scenes? Do you love social media and blogging?
Atlas International, Inc. in Santa Ana, California is looking for interns who are seeking college credit and hands-on experience in the marketing, online publishing and e-commerce industry. We are a kitchen and bathroom product supplier that has been in business for the past 10 years. The position is on-site at our warehouse/office close to South Coast Plaza in Santa Ana.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about online marketing and is willing to help us take our sites to the next level. This position is a great opportunity for a college student to add credible work experience in professional writing to their resume.
The position involves content writing and marketing writing, such as articles, blogs, guest post writing and social media copy writing. Content topics for our industry include but are not limited to interior design, home DIY projects, life hacks, etc. We are also expanding our online marketing efforts and would like to produce more content to social media websites, including Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more.
We need bright individuals who are passionate and would like to learn more about online marketing. The intern will work alongside our Marketing Director, Sales Team, Graphic Designer and Content Specialist.
General responsibilities include:
- Assist in writing and editing blog articles
• Assist in writing copy for website pages and social media accounts
• Assist in writing marketing materials
• Assist in monitoring and updating Atlas’ social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)
• General office maintenance duties
Interns must meet the following requirements:
- Incredibly detail-oriented
• Outgoing, lighthearted, and fun
• Energetic, enthusiastic, and eager
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Excellent copy editing skills
• Creative, out-of-the box thinker
• Self-motivator, responsible, prompt, and able to follow directions
• Able to competently conduct research on the Internet
• Working knowledge of social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Graphic Design background (InDesign, Photoshop) and Videography background (videomaking, video editing) are a plus, but are not necessary
• Ability to bring in personal laptop is a plus, but not necessary
• Can reliably commute to our office in Santa Ana, near South Coast Plaza.
- See how an independent e-commerce company works
- Gain valuable experience in online marketing, including best practices for SEO writing, learn online marketing strategies and gain experience in professional writing and editing
• Meet great people and develop professional work experience
This internship is unpaid but can offer college credit.
To apply, please email a cover letter, writing sample* and résumé to Samantha Velez at email@example.com. Please include the phrase “Interior Design” in the subject line of your email. Please, no phone calls or letters. Thank you and good luck!
*For the writing sample, please include a blog article if possible. Otherwise, a selection from a college essay will suffice.